Monday, May 11, 2020

Week One Summary

enough joy
"the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in God who helps me. My heart leaps for joy and songs of praise arise from my soul" - from Psalm 28:7-8

In the first seven days of Trek: Journey into the World of Enough, we have focused on finding enough joy. Jesus promised that his Way is the way of abundance. He came that we may have life and have it abundantly. The way which Jesus lived was marked by simplicity, generosity, gratitude, contentment, community, compassion, kindness and freedom from the obsession of possessions. The way most of us live in North America today is marked by very different expectations. Marketing experts have helped create a culture which pressures us to measure our own self-worth against unrealistic expectations of material wealth and cosmetic perfection. The resulting cultural norms have not led to widespread joy.

Questions for Today


What have I learned about myself this week? What have I done (or not done) this week that increased my joy? How is trust in God connected to the joy described above by the Psalmist?

No comments: