Monday, February 27, 2012

Bonus Post: This Week's Readings and Questions


Treasure Eternal Promises
Mon – Romans 4:13

13  For the promise that he would inherit the world did not come to Abraham or to his descendants through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Tues – Genesis  17:7, 15b, 16

7I will establish my covenant between me and you, and your offspring after you…
15As for your wife Sarai … 16I will bless her, and you will have a son through her. 
I will bless her, and she shall give rise to nations; kings of people shall come from her.

Wed O Lord, Increase My Faith

O Lord, increase my faith.
Strengthen me and confirm me

in thy true faith;
endue me with wisdom, charity,

chastity and patience
in all my adversity.
Sweet Jesu, say Amen.

Thurs – Romans 4:20-21

20No distrust made Abram waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, 21 being fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.

Fri - Psalm 22:11

11Do not be far from me, [O God] for trouble is near and there is no one to help.

Sat – My Life Flows On -- CH #619

Vs 1 -  My Life flows on in endless song
above earth’s lamentation;
I hear the clear, though far off hymn
that hails a new creation.
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that Rock I’m clinging,
Since love is Lord of heav’n and earth,
How can I keep from singing?

A Week of Questions: M-What do I understand to be the promises from God concerning a covenant with me?  T- What has my experience been with promises?  W- What false promises have disappointed me in the past? Th- Do I trust God? Fri- When I experience trouble, to whom do I turn first for help?    Sat- In the midst of lamentation, what is my song?


1 comment:

eslifer said...

God has truly blessed me with a loving family. I have learned not to make too many promises to my grandsons, however. I hope that I can live up to what God wants me to do as a grandmother and great grandmother. It can be hard at times especially when family doesn't act that way you want. Have they made false promises? Have I been the one to make them? God wouldn't do that to me. I trust and love the Lord and hope that my life every day exceeds what God expects of me. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.