Monday, May 4, 2020

Starting Trek: Prelude

trek: venture into a world of enough
"Give me neither poverty nor riches …" - from Proverbs 30:7-9

A long time ago I bought a cardboard folio filled with recycled paper cards, one for each day. It was a spiritual enrichment resource produced by the Mennonite Central Committee. The pretty card set is no longer available and the paperback book version of the resource is out of print (but available on Amazon). It turns out my husband Ed was also using the resource about the same time and we both, in our separate ministries back then, found it so helpful that we used it with groups and promoted it.

With perfect timing, I came across our stash of the card sets in my office as I was tidying up in the last few weeks. I decided it was time to take the journey again, as we are all on a journey right now to find contentment as we experience limits placed on our usual way of life. We may be wondering if there is enough for us in this strange time.

I invite you to join me on the journey as we venture together into a world of enough. I will post each of the 28 days from May 3-31.

No comments: