Sunday, March 4, 2012

How Can I Keep from Singing?


Saturday's verses in the UniPlace devotional guide for Lent were not from scripture, but from a hymn found in our Chalice Hymnal.  The video above is a version of the tune/text recorded by Enya.

Verse 1 of the hymn titled "My Life Flows On" in our hymnal is as follows:

My life flows on in endless song
above earth’s lamentation;  

I hear the clear, though far off hymn 
that hails a new creation.

No storm can shake
my inmost calm 
while to that Rock I’m clinging, 

Since love is Lord of heav’n and earth,
How can I keep from singing?
This Sunday morning we closed our 10:00 a.m. worship service with this hymn.  I will be humming it all day.  After a week of reflecting on keeping faith in God's promises, this hymn resonates in deep places within me.  Resting in that inmost calm which no storm can shake ... happy Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

Sincerely Myself said...

Happy Sunday to you! I am off to church this evening and even signed up to read scripture. It's been a while since I attended service so Suzanne knew how to rope me in by giving me responsibility. ;)

UniPlaceRev said...

Always worked for me with you, too! Love you, give Suzanne my best and have a blessed Search tonight.