Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blog Love


It's Saturday afternoon and the crazy storms that ripped across the Midwest last night and this morning have kept me indoors rather than enjoying my new routine of a hiking/walking day each weekend.  Instead, I've puttered around the blogosphere through the afternoon and enjoyed some of my favorites.  I thought I'd share for any readers who are interested ...

in good resources for preachers: I really like Alyce McKenzie at Perkins School of Theology at SMU, Dallas, TX and David Lose from Luther Seminary in St Paul, MN

in beautiful photographs:  I must put in a shameless plug for my stepdad, Ralph Johnson in Omaha, NE at Omaha Lens and Ralph recommends another Pacific Northwester (who isn't landlocked in Nebraska!) at a site called The View from Right Here and Fresh Eyes on London (for a bit of Brit each day).

in delicious and beautiful food: Those of us trying to consume less processed foods and more whole grain, locally grown goodness can celebrate at the delicious Sprouted Kitchen; in honor of my German heritage I enjoy The Wednesday Chef and like everyone else, a favorite for everything scrumptious is the Smitten Kitchen.

in dreaming about digging fingernails into the dirt soon: I am impressed with the byline at Cold Climate Gardening which is "hardy plants for hardy souls."  We preachers are all about the souls.  I liked the tip she gives for figuring out where to plant spring bulbs, especially if you are new to your home like I am. Other blogs with great names as well as fun posts are Garden Rant and Gardening While Intoxicated (I'll drink to that...)

So that's what I've been doing with my copious free time this Saturday. I see now the sky is not so menacing and I've decided to take a quick stroll around Clark Park after all.  Whether you are strolling in the sharp, cold air outside or strolling through beautiful blogs from a comfy chair ... enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Sincerely Myself said...

It was a long Saturday - I'm glad you got to enjoy it.

Love you!