Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pay Attention


The photo above was posted last week by the  Lakewood Daily Snap, a beautiful photoblog worth checking out.
This is the first, wildest, and wisest thing I know, that the soul exists and it is built entirely out of attention.  -- Mary Oliver
This Monday my thoughts are directed to the issue of paying attention. Some days are so full that we realize at it's end we hardly noticed where we were or who was with us. 

Psalm 19 reads "The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.  Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge."

Here's hoping we find the wisdom to stop and take notice.


2 comments:

eslifer said...

Lord help me to see thy way and acknowledge it. Help me make it through this busy week keeping you first and foremost in my mind.

Sincerely Myself said...

I'm working on it. Slowly but surely.